On a Rush? here’s my best 3 Portable Fire Pits
8 Best Smokeless Fire Pit Options on the Market
Fires are a beautiful thing on a chilly evening when you’re at home with friends. You want to make memories and share stories.
Whether you’re in the backyard, on the patio, or at a campsite, you want to have a beautiful fire to burn fuel for long periods. It gets hot, and you enjoy the amazing features it offers. Still, you hate the smoke the fuel produces!
Therefore, you want a smokeless fire pit, and this review focuses on all the best options out there. Though it must burn and be efficient, you also worry about the price.
Regardless of your needs, you can find an efficient and portable fire pit without the annoying smokiness.
8 Best Smokeless Backyard Fire Pits for 2022
Fire pits that feature smoke-free technology produce minimal or no smoke at all. That way, you have a comfortable space and remain healthier because there’s no irritation for the eyes or issues with respiration.
Those who are environmentally friendly and concerned about their health and comfort are sure to appreciate a smokeless fire pit. Plus, you can use them in cold and warm weather for heat or food preparation.
Smokeless fire pits use mechanical and structural features to channel the airflow in a way to offers more efficiency and a complete burning process. Incomplete or poor combustion often causes smoke, regardless of the wood you use.
With that, high-temperature burns and better combustibility make them the best fire pit on the market. They release heat more easily while using less fuel or the same amount. That way, you can burn less, conserve resources, and still do what you want.
There are differences in quality, durability, and much more. To ensure the fireside without smoke, you must understand the difference between the fire pits and pick the best option for you.
Let’s take a look at the top eight smoke-free fire companions out there:
BEST PORTABLE: Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit
If you’re searching for a heavy-duty fire pit and want something unique, then the Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit is your best bet. You get more efficiency and little smoke. Plus, you can carry it around easily.
Adventurous people enjoy outdoor excursions in winter, but they don’t like smelling of smoke just to stay warm. This fire pit has a diameter of 19.5 inches, weighs about 20 pounds, and features an efficient burning process.
Plus, the glass cover doesn’t turn black with time! This fire pit is durable and strong enough to last for many years. It offers a double combustion feature to maximize airflow with a secondary combustion option to be unique and burn through fuel effortlessly.
BEST DESIGN: Flame Genie Portable Smoke-free Fire Pit
The Flame Genie offers larger flames to help your outdoor experience be more memorable. It’s your best friend, and it’s a great smokeless fire pit that also reduces sparks and doesn’t require much maintenance.
Instead of regular firewood, it uses wood pellets. That way, you produce the most heat and have less moisture. Plus, wood pellets are easier to clean up and produce less ash. With that, wood pellets offer more air to get inside, so it burns cleanly.
There are two smokeless fire pits from this brand, including one that’s 13.5 and 19 inches in diameter. Either option is highly durable, so you can create a fire and enjoy your time outside.
BEST WOOD BURNING FIRE PIT: Solo Stove Low Smoke Wood Burning Stove
This Solo Stove product is the entire package for those who want a fire pit that produces no smoke. You have an efficient and fast process, and it uses less fuel. That way, you can take it with you anywhere for heat and cooking purposes.
Since you can get firewood anywhere, just grab some wood and throw it in the fire pit. You get a decent burn, which means there’s less ash. Plus, carrying it is quite easy because it weighs less than 2 pounds.
You’re sure to appreciate the double layer to offer a better and more unique airflow system. Plus, air easily gets in, and it’s durable enough to last for years.
BEST WOOD-BURNING: Esright Stove Bonfire Fire Pit
Fire pits are a dime a dozen, but the Esright Stove is a multifunctional fire pit for every outdoor enthusiast. It’s designed to be portable and affordable. Plus, you can have a smokeless ambiance on the patio or for your backyard fire.
Whether you’re cooking or just want to see the flames dance around, you can appreciate that this runs on wood. Plus, the grill is made of 304 stainless steel materials, so it’s rust-resistant.
Though the bottom plate is a full weld, everything else isn’t. It does come with a stand and weighs about 42 pounds. You also get the secondary combustion system for more efficiency.
Since it takes almost any firewood, it’s ideal for any situation, making it a top fire pit choice.
BEST PROPANE: Wicker Rattan Smoke-free Gas Fire Pit Table
Those who want a great outdoor fire must have the right fire pits. Modway launched a great fire pit table for you. It’s easy to have functionality and style in your backyard with this option.
If you love to create heat and see flickering lames without the smokiness, then this is the right option for you. Plus, it offers great ambiance and doesn’t require firewood.
Add a modern, refreshing look to the outside space with this fire table. It comes with tempered glass beads inside the center. Plus, you can have a smoke-free flame for 16 hours, making it highly efficient. Plus, it looks amazing on a patio and is only 67 pounds. With that, it features the Rattan weave and features a waterproof finish.
BEST BUDGET: Blue Sky Portable Smoke-free Fire Pit
With Blue Sky, you’re promised to have the most beautiful setting, great efficiency, and a high-quality product. Safety is always a concern when dealing with fire, and this product has you covered.
It’s reliable, convenient, and appealing for the outside area. These fire pits produce plenty of heat without the smokiness you dislike. Made with quality materials, this pit is designed to perform well with no smoke, sparks, or a burnt smell. Keep the fire going with this portable fire pit.
One of the best features here is that the fuel is wood pellets instead of firewood. Therefore, it’s easier to run to the store to grab some. If you’re in your yard, you might not have felled branches to burn. This way, you don’t run out of wooden material or have to cut down trees in your yard!
RUNNER-UP: INNO STAGE Smokeless Fire Pit Bowl
INNO STAGE is a top choice for fire pits because they’re cost-effective and smokeless. Whether you’re at the campsite or in your yard, you get what you require – a roaring fire.
If the goal for you is portability with a non-gas-fueled fire pit, invest in this product. It’s affordable, offers durability, and is high-quality. Plus, it uses wood instead of gas!
You’re sure to appreciate the double-wall design, which maximizes air and the burn process. With that, you don’t have a burnt smell around the space. This low smoke fire pit is made of stainless steel and uses firewood, such as logs.
Get the flame you want without the bulk of a large pit!
BEST OVERALL: TIKI Brand 25 Inch Stainless Steel Low Smoke Fire Pit
Do you like having a blazing fire but want less smoke than most traditional pits provide? If so, now is the time to get the TIKI fire pit for your space. It has a beautiful design, and you can enjoy the vibe that an open-wood fire produces. There’s no smokiness, which means you don’t smell it or have it in your clothes.
Plus, it comes with a waterproof cover made of durable and strong fabric. This protects the product from rain, humidity, snow, and dust when you’re storing it.
You’re sure to appreciate that it’s made of stainless steel, too. This means there’s less of a risk of corrosion, so if it does get wet, you don’t have to worry. Plus, you can use any firewood available or buy it from the store during the winter season!
Just be careful when putting it together. It might take another helper, but it’s worth it in the end.
What to Look for in a Best Smokeless Fire Pit
One great way to spend your time at home is by curling up with a good book near a fire. You can make it even more enjoyable by having that fire in your backyard or patio, where you can relax. A lot of people enjoy spending their free evenings next to the Fire Pit enjoying the warmth and relaxing with friends and family members. While fire pits are enjoyed by many, they can also be dangerous if not used correctly. It is important to make sure that the smokeless Fire Pit you invest in does not pose any risks or safety hazards.
When You Go Shopping For A Fire Pit, Consider The Following:
- Durability and Safety. The best fire pits are durable and strong enough to hold up well even in windy conditions. Perhaps counter-intuitively, this is one reason why metal is usually the best material for a smokeless Fire Pit. This includes not just stainless steel but brass, copper, and other metal materials as well. Of course, you should always double-check to ensure that a fire pit is made from a strong enough material for your backyard so it does not pose any risk to others or the environment.
- The Price of Fire Pits. When shopping for a fire pit, look at the price tag closely. While it is important to buy something you are comfortable with, fire pits are available at a wide range of prices. If you are willing to do some looking around, you should be able to find something that fits your budget well. One thing to remember is that price can often be an indication of quality so spending more money upfront may save you some hassle down the road.
- Size Matters. The last thing you want is for your fire pit to be too big or small for your backyard or patio. You should make sure that the size of the fire pit you buy matches what you intend to use it for best. For example, if you’ll mostly be using it to roast marshmallows, a small pit will do. But if you intend to have larger gatherings where people can sit around the pit for longer periods with hot dogs or other food, you should invest in a bigger model.
- Material and Cleaning. When looking into a Fire Pit, you should also look at what material it is made from and the effort required to clean it. While finding something that can be easily cleaned is important, some people prefer if their fire pit does not require any cleaning whatsoever. This may be possible with the right construction materials such as metal or ceramic instead of wood. However, you may decide it is worth the effort if you like the look of a fire pit that has been used before.
- Size of the Pit. The size of your fire pit is another important consideration when you are looking into what to look for in the best Smokeless Fire Pit. You must consider the height of people who will be using it so you can pick something appropriate. Some pits have adjustable heights while some do not, so pay attention to this factor. Another thing to consider is how wide the fire pit is. The wider it is, the more people you can gather around it at once.
- Design. In today’s market, you have a wide variety of choices in terms of design. You can choose from an enclosed or open fire pit to add charm and ambiance to your backyard areas. So think about what type will work best with the overall look and feel you want for your outdoor living space. Some choices even include built-in lava rocks or other materials to give you additional lighting effects.
- Fuel Types and Efficiency. You should also consider the type of fuel that your fire pit runs off of. Whether you want to go with propane or natural gas, this will be one of the biggest factors in how efficient your pit is. You may also opt to go with wood-burning pits rather than propane or natural gas for environmental reasons, but you should make sure that the wood you use is easy to find and works well with your fire pit.
- Easy to Use. When you are using a fire pit, it is important that the process is as smooth and easy as possible. One way to achieve this is with a push-button start which ensures you can get your fire going without too much trouble. You should also make sure that your Fire Pit has an ample amount of safety features such as anti-tilt or tip-over technologies, especially if you have children running around the backyard.
- Controls and Extras. Consider what extras come with your fire pit as well. Remote control is a popular extra that many people opt for, but you may also want to make sure it comes with a cover for storage purposes. Other extras such as lava rocks or other lighting features are also good features to consider when looking into the best Fire Pit.
Propane Fire Pits vs Wood Fire Pit – Which Is Best?
Propane fire pit – This type of device will use propane as its primary source of fuel. They can usually save you a lot on your energy bills compared to other sources and, in most cases, they are also more efficient than wood-burning fire pits.
Wood Fire Pit – A traditional open-flame unit that uses wood as its primary heating source. They are often larger and easier to use than propane models, but they can be more difficult to maintain and not usually as efficient.
How Do Smokeless Fire Pits Work?
These units use a variety of different types of equipment to create a clean, safe, and efficient heating source that doesn’t emit any smoke or other harmful emissions into the air around you.
If you are using a propane tank, the unit will convert the fuel into heat through a combustion process. This is similar to how most gas stoves and ovens work. Once it has been converted into heat, the warm air that is produced will then be circulated throughout your home with either a fan or by convection currents.
If you are using a natural gas source, the heating elements will be composed of quartz and ceramics that have been placed around a burner which is similar to how most indoor fireplaces work.
There should also be a fan somewhere in the unit that will circulate the warm air produced during both types of operation.
Pros and Cons of a Smokeless Fire Pit:
- You can heat your home without all of the mess, and it is easier to dispose of.
- There are no ashes to clean up when you use a gas source instead.
- It provides generally cleaner air inside your home with fewer emissions than if you were using a traditional fireplace.
- If there is a gas leak or the pilot light goes out, your home can be in danger of catching on fire or suffocating you with harmful emissions.
- They are more expensive to buy initially when compared to traditional fireplaces.
- It can still pose some risks when used indoors without the proper ventilation.
Where Can I Use Smokeless Fire Pits?
Smokeless fire pits are a good way of heating your home, and you can use them both indoors and outdoors. They will also work on a deck or porch as long as you have a flat surface to place it on, but they are more likely to be used in the backyard where there is plenty of space available.
Do Smokeless Fire Pits Work?
Yes. Fire pits are a popular alternative to wood-burning Fire Pits, and they come in all shapes and sizes. Some are small enough to be tabletop items that can sit on any flat surface while others are much larger, almost like an outdoor fire pit for camping.
Fire Pits generally burn wood or coal which requires cleaning out when the ashes start to pile up, and this can be quite messy. A smokeless fire pit allows you to get rid of the mess by using a gas source instead.
The benefits of having a smokeless fire pit include:
- No cleaning out of ashes is required because it is not burning actual material that gives off the ash.
- You can use alternative gas sources which offer instant lighting and efficient heat.
- You can use it indoors or outdoors without worrying about the smell of smoke throughout your home.
- A lot cleaner burning device with no sparks to fly out of control when built correctly.
However, there are some downsides to using a smokeless fire pit. The main concerns are that they can be flammable if there is a gas leak or the pilot light goes out, and you should always have carbon monoxide detectors in your home when using one.
Is it legal to use a smokeless fire pit during a burn ban?
Yes, provided you use the correct type of gas. You can use propane or natural gas without any trouble because they are considered safer alternatives to traditional wood-burning fireplaces.
Are Smokeless Fire Pits Worth It?
If you are looking for an alternative way to heat your home without having to deal with the mess of a traditional Fire Pit, then smokeless fire pits may be something worth considering. However, it is important to remember that they can still pose some dangers if not used correctly.
Is It Safe To Use A Propane Gas Tank With My Smokeless Fire Pit?
It depends on the type of fire pit that you have. If it is a simple model, then yes you can use an adapter hose and connect it directly to your existing propane tank. However, if you opt for a more advanced model such as an outdoor Fire Pit, you should only use the natural gas option with this type of unit.
What Size Of A Smokeless Fire Pit Should I Get?
This depends on the size of your home and how much space you have to place it in. You can get smaller models that are designed for tabletop use or larger ones that look more like an outdoor fire pit.
How Do I Get Started With A Smokeless Fire Pit?
Choose the type of unit you want to purchase based on how much space you have available.
Look for a model that suits your needs and preferences, such as whether or not you want the smokeless option or if it should be portable or stationary.
Find out what types of fuel are safe to use with your specific unit.
Make sure you get all the parts necessary to set it up properly including fuel, tools, and instructions.
How Do I Use A Smokeless Fire Pit?
If you are just learning how to use one of these units for the first time, then you will need to follow some simple steps to get started. The most important thing is that you make sure it is set up correctly before using it. This includes placing it in a safe location with no combustible materials nearby, making sure there are no leaks or flaws that could pose a danger, and ensuring that the pilot light is lit correctly.
Once you have set it up properly, all you need to do is wait for the unit to heat up before using it. Once the fire has been established, you can begin using it by placing your desired fuel source on the top of the unit and watching as it burns.
You’ve learned a lot about smokeless fire pits and what they do. If you’ve already planned your winter experience, consider using a fire pit that fits your budget. It should also be portable and lightweight for you to take with you and sit around regardless of where you are.
If the goal is primarily to use the fire pit at outdoor gatherings, you want features like higher heat, easy clean-up, and storage options.
Do you have a better idea of what you need from your fire pit? If you want it to be smoke-free, these are the top eight choices.
Though you are free to choose the one you like most, the Solo Stove is a top brand. Two were mentioned here, and either smokeless fire pit can be a great addition to your home or campsite.